Saturday, December 31, 2011

Nail Polish

So I've decided to go back to manicures instead of damaging acrylics for a while. During my transition I have been experiencing with different nail polishes and found a few that I love on my nails.  I am a hairstylist and not a nail tech so my polishing skills are average, but they work for me. I've tried some experiments to help with making my manicures last longer than one day which became too time consuming-having to change polish just about everyday to keep my nails looking nice. These are the polishes that I like along with the clear coats that I used on top.



After manicuring my nails and cleaning them really good with fingernail polish remover, I polished my nails with one coat of either of the above polishes. In the photo above I used Pure Ice Watermelon Ice. Then I placed my nails under my UV Lamp for about 4 minutes per hand.  After that I applied a second coat and repeated the UV Lamp for another 4 minutes per hand. With the Watermelon Ice, I used the Hard As Wraps Gel wraps. This is my first time using this so we will see how long it lasts and I will post.
Before I was using the NYC Love Letters using the same application but as a top coat I used the Double Duty. This combination typically lasts me, about a week and a half and I have been doing my nails like this since then.  I have a professional UV Lamp that I purchased from a Professional Supply Store for Cosmetologists but I'm sure Sally's may have one similar.  Try it out and let me know if it works for you. Also after each top coat, I placed my hands back under the UV Lamp to cure them for another 4 mins. This is what locks everything in and really makes the polish last without chipping. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment